Mama's Dramas

Monday, November 13, 2006

little fists


Passing the time .... watching you grow older, watching for changes. You look at me now as if you recognize me. I think that you smiled at me this morning. A real and sustained smile. You have a cold. You wheeze and snort but don’t seem to know that it is not normal to feel this way. To you this is merely another aspect of being human, as uncomfortable as your forming digestion. It both makes me sad and gives me tremendous hope to see you learning your first smiles through a congested nose and aching new body. I am amazed that you feel the impulse and yet there you are looking up at me with a wide grin as you cling to my shirt with your little fists….monkey man. It is gray and cool, classic November, the kind of weather that you don’t really notice when you are busy at work but I feel it now as it curls around us making our little cocoon even more pronounced. I sit in my chair and think of what today may be. Perhaps there will be no big milestones, no big success or accomplishment, no rush of adrenaline as I tackle some thrilling project. Just you and me watching each other, learning each other, just a little growth in this quiet November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home