Mama's Dramas

Thursday, April 04, 2013

when you're gone....

I am going on my first overnight without Julien and my longest stretch away from Lukas since he went to Germany.  That's right.  I am traveling to a romantic and cozy Inn located in Randolph, Vermont.....with 16 high school students.  Hmmmmm, not quite the first get away I might have imagined but ah well. 
Lukas was so sweet tonight.  He was following me around all wound up and silly and saying "I just can't let you out of my sight tonight because your going away."  He sang me the song from my show "When you're gone, when you're gone, I'm going to miss you when you're gone. I'm gonna miss you by your hair, I'm gonna miss you everywhere, oh you know I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.  He took a long time falling asleep.  I rubbed his back and scratched his head and sang to him.  As I crept out of his bed he called out "mama?"  "yes Lukas."  I replied.  "I just wanted to make sure that you were still there."  "I'm here." I said.   "Sometimes, at night, I say mama, just to make sure that you are there." (pause, I return to the bed and scratch his back again) "And sometimes during the day I say Mama because I want to know where you are.  I say it just to know." 
"I love you Lukas."  I say.  "Me too."  He replies and shortly thereafter he falls asleep.
Julien just said "I think we are going to have to wait for you.  We are just going to have to wait until you come back." 
"You're right Julien."
I love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home