Mama's Dramas

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

witchy woman

I should have known what sort of day it would be when I woke to Julien peeing on my slippers.  As I cleaned up the mess he managed to find the swimming goggles and climb up on the diaper changing table.  I turned around to see him seated neatly on top of the table with blue goggles on.  His response to my long explanation of why we do not pee on the floor was "I'm a diver mama". 

I was a mean mama tonight.  I came home hungry and cranky and not in the mood for people having so many needs and interrupting me so much and peeing for the third time on the floor!  

BUT....we did have many nice moments.  Julien and I had a cozy time at home this morning while Lukas was at school.  Lukas came home and we all at lunch and then the boys quietly played upstairs for 45 minutes!  I made soup.  We then went and got a free ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and met friends.  Afterwards we drove to Rockpoint and Lukas had his Crows Path nature class and Julien and I walked through the woods and to the beach.  I just came home and wanted to check out and meet my needs and it was not possible. 

Rule number one as mama....never, ever, if you can manage it deplete yourself. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home