Mama's Dramas

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Julien

Julien is evolving daily into such a character....such a personality.  It is fascinating to watch children learn things like pride and jealousy and attachments.  He is so excited by little things like his new fireman rain coat and hat that he wants to show everyone.  He tells strangers about his birthday.  He stops people on walkways to show them his bike.  He tells me at least a dozen times a day that he loves me.  I think he does this because yes, he does love me, but also because he wants me to say that I love him back.  In fact, if I do not say it then he repeats over and over again "Love you mama" in his deep, matter of fact way, until I reply saying that I love him too.  He then responds again in his deep and important way "I know Mama.  I know that.  Come, let's go play with the divers.  Come Mama, come."  If I don't come he moans like a teenager "Aaaaaawe mama, why do you always have to do that."  Why do you always have to eat breakfast, fold clothes, sweep, whatever it is I may be doing.
We went to the dentist the other day and there was a Kermit the frog hanging from the light above the dentist seat.  He asked me what it was for.  I said it was there to help the dentist.  I didn't notice that he was watching the frog intently from that point on.  After Lukas' teeth were cleaned Julien said "The frog didn't do anything.  It didn't help at all."  I said "It helped make Lukas feel better.  It kept him company."  "But it didn't do anything.  It just hung there."  The dentist came over and Julien told the dentist how the frog didn't help at all.  He also told the dentist that he didn't need to lower Lukas back in the chair, "the woman already did that.  Lukie is done." 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home