Mama's Dramas

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

unrealistic expectations

Lukas and I are alone for 5 days. Jorg had to go away for work. Why they insist on sending him away when Lukas is an infant or when I am 8 months pregnant I don’t know. I decided that Lukas and I should have a date this past Sunday. I had a perfect plan. We would go do the video store and he could choose a movie. We would come home and eat a yummy dinner including his favorite foods….salmon, French fries and peas with butter. We would get ready for bed together and settle in for a cozy and cuddly sleep. Lukas had his own ideas. He whined at the video store. He wanted a new movie every 3 minutes. I wanted to rent Beauty and the Beast but he chose Stuart Little, which was better than the creepy robot movie he almost insisted on. We came home and he wanted to watch it right away, but that wasn’t the plan. I had to make dinner first and we had to eat and THEN watch it. That was the plan. That was my plan. He had a total tantrum. He repeated “I wanna watch the movie now.” Over and over again for literally 10 minutes and when he grew quiet I poked my head in the living room and he started up again for another 5 minutes. Finally he came into the kitchen. He wanted dessert first. He didn’t like the dinner except for the French fries. I had to feed him to get him to eat the fish and finally, after clean up, we watched the movie. It then took until about 10:30 to get him to sleep and I fell asleep with him. I guess he is just too young to date. Maybe in another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home