Mama's Dramas

Sunday, February 07, 2010

sharing

Lukas and I have been having full days. We go to the kids gym, to the pool, yesterday we took him down hill skiing for the first time. It was so amazing to see him in his sun glasses and winter gear, smiling, red cheeked, excited and happy. It is so fun to introduce him to all these joys and pleasures of life. It is so fun to share it all with him. Speaking of sharing, Lukas wanted to give me a lesson in sharing a few days ago. I was just getting out of the shower and Lukas wanted to come in the bathroom. He opened the door leaving me totally exposed to our neighbors should they look out the window at that moment. I asked him to close the door. He said “Why?”
“Because I don’t want to share my naked body with our neighbors.” I said.
“It’s my naked body.” His logical brain absorbed this and responded with “It’s not nice not to share mommy. You have to share your naked body with our neighbors.” And he opened the door and left.
This is my little boy. While moments like that are mildly annoying, they are also incredibly humorous. I love seeing the world through his eyes. I love watching him try to understand things. I love trying to explain things to him. Very often he is the one explaining things to me. There is so much for us to learn from one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home