Mama's Dramas

Monday, August 02, 2010

follow the leader

Both boys are napping. How crazy and amazing. I have done my chores and checked my e-mail. I even ate some ice cream. I should sleep but I know that I will only lay down and get sleepy and then one of them will wake me up...better to wait to sleep later. We have been sick. It's bad enough to be sick but I hate the somewhat voluntary quarentine that inevitably ensues. There is no way around it. Nobody wants to hang out with a runny nosed three year old, a coughing baby and their crusty nosed mucus filled mama. I don't blame them. So despite efforts to just stay in the yard and at the house I ended up taking the boys blueberry picking. Lukas did more hunting perfect berries all over the field and eating them than actually accumulating booty for our bucket but he had fun and that was the point. It reminded me of the old days. I realized that since having Julien I often thrust us out into a play date. I get afraid of trying to entertain my toddler alone but it can be nice....even with runny noses. We picked flowers this morning and drew pictures while Julien napped. We played on the swing and swatted at spider webs. We picked berries and gathered veggies at the farmstand. Then we all came home for lunch and some quiet time and naps. When Jorg left this morning for work at 8:15 AM I felt a bit overwhelmed. However, I am always amazed how if I let Lukas lead me and I just follow with little agenda our day unfolds in simple and magical ways. I don't really have to be the archetect of his day anymore....I am simply a part of the building team....well, and also the chef, janitor and therapist.....but not exactly the leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home