Mama's Dramas

Monday, May 07, 2007

clover


It has been warm and sunny the last few days and so I haven’t written. I have been out playing in the grass, by rivers, in the forest with my little one. It is so amazing to share all this with him. Yesterday Jorg and I went out with the hiking pack for the first time. Lukas was fascinated by everything. He sat quietly in the back and just stared at the trees, the river, the sun on his hand. He was taken with everything. After our walk we sat in the grass by a river and I held him while wobbled unsteady on the green. He still needs a little support sitting or he slowly topples over to the side. He had never sat on the real ground before (well, at least not since the trip to Florida). I picked grass and sprinkled it on us. I picked up a clover and twirled it in my hand. He stared, wide eyed and slowly reached his hand out. When he touched the clover he giggled. I touched it to his nose and lips and cheek and he blinked slowly and smiled. Its worth it isn’t it? I asked him. All the uncomfortable sensations that we daily endure….its worth it for moments like this…in the grass…in the sun…...just feeling it all….together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home