Mama's Dramas

Saturday, May 07, 2011

mothers day

Tommorow is mothers day. My mother called this evening and I realized how much this day has changed for me. I used to be the daughter preparing to celebrate her mommy. I feel so far from that. Not that I don't think of my own mother on this day and remember how important she is to me. It's just that I feel so much more a mother these days than I do a daughter. My life is about mothering and it is so full. It's almost 8PM and both boys are in bed. It's still light out...Saturday night I feel so tired from the day but it is a good tired. I did something today. Having Jorg parenting with me allowed me to give each boy some one on one time. I had a beautiful hour laying on a blanket with Lukas in the grass eating pop corn and reading chapter after chapter of a Little House on the Prarie book. Later in the afternoon I got to sit on our porch swing and cuddle and nurse Julien for ages. He was so calm. He seems to be learning that cuddles are good. I really love my family these days and I feel how day by day we become more and more a family....linked.....making each others lives so full of meaning. It's funny how I spent my 20's traveling all over the world searching for adventure and purpose and now I hardly have to leave my house to find loads of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home