Mama's Dramas

Friday, December 17, 2010

Evil Little Germs (side note:not a reference to my sons...

It's been a long, bleary, weary week.....and it isn't over yet. Somehow, so far, Lukas and Jorg have escaped the dreaded plague...but Julien and I are hit hard. Despite going to bed at 8 almost every night the cold still trudges on. My head is full and my ears ring and I had a mild fever earlier threatening a sinus infection....which is scary as I can't take antibiotics while nursing. I have been doing steam treatments and bought a Netti pot. I have tried various sleep positions. I am downing water and tea in buckets. It won't shake. It doesn't help that Julien was up the other night throwing up. Our doctor forbade me to nurse for 6-8 hours! This was so crazy hard. But with Jorgs help we made it through the night....I was so wired from the crying and the worry that Julien would throw up while I was asleep that I didn't sleep. Today Jorg took a half day and took Lukas sledding and skiing...which was good. I have felt for him .. cooped up with the sickies. However, yesterday I did make homemade pretzles with him while Julien took a 2 hour nap! I was proud and exhausted....and today I went out with him and tried to play in the snow but I collapsed after. When things get hard like this I just think of the labor. The work then was to simply get out of the way and let my body do what it knew how to do. It is hard to imagine the wild wars taking place on a molecular level beneath my skin right now. Every time I drink water or eat anything I imagine I am feeding the troops...shuttling out through the mud and mire to bring them much deserved reserves. When I lay down I imagine them getting a rush of energy...charging full on towards the enemy that sits in my chest....at the back of my throat...beween my eyes. It is all I can do but surrender to this unseen battle. Have patience....wait and cuddle my boys to protect them from the lurking, evil little germs.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new blog name! Happy New Year! -Kirsten

 

Post a Comment

<< Home