Mama's Dramas

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Joy

It was a beautiful fall day. Everything seems to glow yellow and the weather is unusually warm. Some days mothering feels overwhelming and messy and chaotic. Today, it didn't. Today felt satisfying and full and somehow there was a flow. Part of that was due to the fact that my mother helped out this morning with Lukas and I could go into the school for a meeting. She also allowed me to jump out to run an errand while she hung at home with the two boys. She took Lukas to the gym and he came back exhausted. I managed to get lunch for us all and make dinner for tonight and tommorow! I got laundry done and the dishwasher emptied. I clipped fingernails.....even my own! It's the little things. Lukas played outside for over 4 hours. He created projects...making a pirate steering wheel with pipe cleaners and paper and stickers.....organizing the pumpkins.....making little leaf holders involving a hole punch and toilet paper rolls....collecting worms with his friend ....he found 8 and named them all Henry...Henry 1, Henry 2, Henry 3 etc. Julien meanwhile is scooting all over the place. Yesterday he managed to work himself under a chair at my mothers house and then he rolled over and landed on one of the legs and had a good cry....poor boy. He is full of energy, despite his lack of sleep. He doesn't nap! He naps for about 3 30 minute naps and then crashes at 6:30. I love him. He is so full of smiles and life. He and Lukas adore each other. He lights up when Lukas comes in a room and Lukas seeks him out to cuddle, play with and entertain. They are so beautiful. Yesterday I chose the angel card "Joy" from my mothers deck and today I feel it. I really feel it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home