Mama's Dramas

Thursday, May 24, 2007

chubby


So I haven’t written in a few days as our house has been invaded by Germans. Jorg’s parents are here……for a month.
No, really it’s fine. All they want to do is cook and clean and fix things and play with Lukas. I feel a bit extraneous. Lukas seems to like his Oma and Opa(the German names for Grandma and Grandpa). He grabs at Opa’s face and tries to scratch off his crinkly nose. He plays with Oma’s wildly patterned shirts and attempts to pull off the paisley swirls with his chubby little fingers. It’s not just Lukas’s finger that are chubby however. He is growing rolls of fat on his ankles and wrists now. He gains rolls where I never knew it was possible. I think he is getting little bubbles of fat by his eyes but I’m not sure. He is still the cutest baby to me.
The other day in baby yoga he only wanted to eat. It was reasonable. It had been 3 and a half hours since he last ate but I still felt self conscious.
Lukas and I sat next to baby Paul. Paul is not his real name but just in case, by some rare chance his mother should stumble across my blog and then hate me forever and tell all the other mothers how mean I am, we will call him Paul. Paul is a very fat baby. I think, not being his mother, that his rolls are much bigger than Lukas’ and that he looks a bit unhealthy. He also has this odd tuft of unruly blonde hair which whisps about his slightly square head when he attempts to twist and turn during the more active portions of our class. However, during yesterdays class Paul and Lukas both wanted to eat at the same time. As I sat there feeding Lukas I became self conscious. I started to think that maybe the other mothers thought Lukas and Paul looked similar. Maybe they thought Lukas looked fat and unhealthy. Maybe they thought I was feeding him too much. I wanted to tell them that it had been 3 and half hours. It was time for him to eat. I don’t feed him all the time. But there we sat…the two fat babies being fed while all the little ones jumped and twisted and bicycled their legs and arms. I know…fat babies are healthy babies. I will not give my child a complex. Don’t worry. And besides, at least Lukas finished eating in time for the relaxation. Oh, I have to go now…Lukas is waking up and Jorg’s mother is cleaning our windows and wants to know where to find the windex. What a funny life I lead these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home