Mama's Dramas

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

confession


So we changed car seats. This may not sound like a big deal but oh, what a change it is. The biggest trauma is that Lukas can no longer be carried into places in his car seat when he falls asleep. He must be woken up. Often when he falls asleep in the car, if I don’t have to be anywhere at a specific time, I just keep driving. Planning outings forces me to take new strategic measures. The other day I arrived 25 minutes early for an appointment. I left early because Lukas needed a nap and I thought I could just drive him around. One of my favorite things to do is get a coffee (decaf) and drive around listening to music. It’s relaxing. Lukas sleeps. I get a break. I drink my coffee. But there is one problem. There are no drive-through places to get coffee around here. Except….well, you know…the golden arches. Dare I utter the name on this blog. I was 25 minutes early. I wanted a coffee and I saw it on the side of the road. The familiar “M” beckoning me with its drive-thru sign and advertisement showing that Paul Newman is brewing up their current batch and it’s Organic….hmmm….suspicious. I drove past it at first. I firmly believe that McDonalds is only good when you have to go to the bathroom….a glorified public toilet. But today, with my sleeping baby and my extra time….well, I turned around. I was terrified that someone I knew might see me. I drove fast. I pulled up to the little microphone and out blared a voice which threatened to wake my sleeping baby.
“Good Morning. Welcome to McDonalds. What can I get for you today.”
“Umm, a small decaf coffee.” I whispered.
“Pull up to the second window” shouted the voice.
So there. I got a coffee at McDonalds. I said it. It was a week ago and I disposed of the cup immediately but forgot and left the sugar wrappers in the door of the car. Fortunately no one found them. But I have decided to be honest. I want to come clean with you.….whatever online community I have. But really, it’s not my fault. Some small, organic, local coffee shop should open up a drive through for us mothers. Please, spare us this agonizing choice. So, it’s up to you now. As the reader, you can decide if you still want to visit my blog…but I made my peace….and it tasted surprisingly good.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really, really funny. I think you should make a postcard and send it in to that "secrets" blog! http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home